If you wish to change your in-game name in rFactor 2, try this:
- Click on the Windows' Start button.
- In "Run" or "Search program and files" type "%appdata%" (without the quote symbols).
- A "Roaming" folder should show up in the results, enter it.
- Find the folder called ".rFactor" and enter it.
- Right-click on "rFactor.name" file, select properties (if you don't see the .name extension, check this out).
- Un-check the box labeled "Read-only" and press OK.
- Right-click on "rFactor.name" file and open it with a text editor like Notepad.
- Change your name (first line is your firstname, second line is your lastname, and third line is your nickname).
- Save the file.
- Right-click on "rFactor.name" file, select properties.
- Check the box labeled "Read-only" and press OK. It is important that you don't miss this step, otherwise rFactor 2 will overwrite the file again once you open the game and you will go back to your original name.
Post any comments if this didn't work for you or if it did!