1. Janos Magasrevy
  2. 2020 Season
  3. Saturday, 22 February 2020
Here are the proposed 2020 regulations.

http://www.simracinghub.com/srhf1/srhf1-2020-regulations

The biggest changes are:

Section 8 - Team and Teammate Selection Process
Sections 9 through 11 - I made major changes here in an effort to make the league more transparent, objective, and efficient when it comes to handing out penalties

Let's get the discussion going, what do you think of the changes?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I saw Darren's comments earlier today about being lenient because he knew the driver and their style or quality of driving. I think this is the wrong approach. I believe a driver should be penalized for his actions regardless of what level driver they are or how they rank in the racing community.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
What do you think about the Severity table Richard Haynie?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Not severe enough, or in the wrong places. A stop and go and a drive through are more severe than starting at the back of the grid or any grid penalty.
I recall getting a +20 second post-race penalty last year at Baku for an unintentional wrecking of Sean's race. I would have been on the podium otherwise. Not sure how that was arrived at, but consistency is key.
I'd rather see increasing time penalties like that for levels 4 and 5, time penalties combined with drive throughs and stop n go's next race for levels 6 and 7
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
My beliefs are:
1) Penalties need to be handed out for the race that occurred. As often as possible. Without live stewards it would be very hard to check a person's next race to see if they self punished themselves by taking a 10sec drive thru penalty. That would be like us having to police the penalty twice. Not efficient. Give warnings, time penalties, grid spots and dqs for the race that has been run. If necessary a DQ and a Ban for the next race. 1. We shouldnt police the offense twice. 2. A person could use a retroactive rule torward the end of the season to an advantage.
2) Humans only learn from tragedy. It is unfortunate but the fact. If you are not severe, humans will not apply the knowlege in the future. Severity is the rule.
3) I do not think we need a rule of 1-10. As in my number 1 statement keep it perspective and simple. Too many options and too many stewards makes a bad STEW.
4) Any opinions about the driver should not be weighed when judging an incident. Each transgression must be viewed with a neutral opinion.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I was not sure if the Stop and Go penalty or Drive through penalty was to be applied during the current race or the next. If there is a "Race Director" who is not driving, I could see them chatting to the driver and telling them to do so. If there is not, as I was thinking Janos was actively driving, they would have to be applied in the next race. In that case, I would assume the Stewards would have to keep that in mind and then check the pitstops of that driver to see if they remembered to take the penalty. And if they did not, would they be DQ'd for ignoring the penalty ?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
I want to have a system that can be applied over and over again without getting too subjective. Hence the severity table approach.

Richard Haynie can you post how you would re-do the table?

Adam Freitas I will be testing to see if penalties can be issued at the beginning of the race, that way drivers have to serve them within the first 5 laps or the game DQs you. This would be done the same way the grid is edited prior to starting.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
that way drivers have to serve them within the first 5 laps or the game DQs you. This would be done the same way the grid is edited prior to starting.

That has me intrigued.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
That would in essence give you 2 penalties. It would ruin your tire strategy and add the penalty time to your race. So sometimes in real time these penalties do not ruin your tire stategy. But are garranteed if you appy this way.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
That would in essence give you 2 penalties. It would ruin your tire strategy and add the penalty time to your race. So sometimes in real time these penalties do not ruin your tire stategy. But are garranteed if you appy this way.

Yes, if you ruin someone's race, your race will be ruined at a later time. I have no problem with this.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Ruining someones race is never my intention as an objective observer or driver. A fair penalty for each action is all we can ask for.

Can you define "ruin someone's race", Richard?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
you could make a mistake that causes you to wreck someone's race by destroying their car, causing them damage that impairs the vehicle to the extent that they are not competitive anymore.
It doesn't have to be intentional, it could be an accident. We all make mistakes.
Last night, in one of our sprint races, John Cook lost it at turn 1, looped it and tore off my front wing as I went by. I would call this a racing incident, warranting a warning or time penalty at most.

If someone tries an overly optimistic or aggressive overtake that's unsafe and/or lacking good judgement or concern for a fellow racer and ends up damaging said opponent in a crippling manner, I think a severe penalty is called for.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Assuming that the damage result wasn't derived from malicious intent, what is the objective for issuing a penalty to anyone who has already caused impactful damage to their race by means of vehicle damage? Isn't that already a self-induced penalty? I think it's naive to believe that post race penalties offer much of anything to prevent future incidents. Anybody who has simraced for any length of time knows that incidents occur repeatedly and at every race. Now, if penalties did offer prevention, how is it possible we see the same drivers at fault repeatedly and with multiple points on their license? Drivers' skill, situational judgement, anticipation & reactions will never be corrected and prevented by way of penalties. It simply doesn't work that way and is nothing more than a pompous governing & policing way of thought and belief that you're actually offering the sporting league a positive remedy to a problem. But in reality, you are not offering any remedy whatsoever by simply pointing out the obvious error that somebody made and who is most likely already aware of. All you are doing is adding more to their damage. You are a governing body acting as a revenge posse, offering retribution as vengeance for the claimed innocent. If anything, you are just as aggressive but also vindictive, and that is even worse a mind than somebody making a simple racing error in... a... RACE! For anyone with this mindset, I suggest knitting sweaters rather than simracing, maybe you'll find more peace within the laws of natural consequence.
https://i.ibb.co/QQQRkjr/team-Car-img.png
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
Well, Corey, do you have any suggestions that would be helpful in a league situation ?
Are you suggesting there be no penalties at all?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
I've been thinking. I'm going to think some more...
https://i.ibb.co/QQQRkjr/team-Car-img.png
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
We are making changes to article 15.10:

Before:

15.10 - An automatic log will be generated at the end of Qualifying. During the warmup session, the Race Director will move to the back of the grid those drivers that breached article 15.8 as indicated by the log.

Now:

15.10 - An automatic log will be generated at the end of Qualifying. During the warmup session, the Race Director will validate the log by asking those drivers found breaching article 15.8. Drivers who admit breaching article 15.8 will be moved to the back of the grid. Those that are found after the race is over will be disqualified from the entire event.

The change was done with the purpose of validating what the log says, in case of false positives.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
We have modified article 15.13 to also give out license points. The change is effective starting the SRHF1 2020 Monaco Grand Prix.

15.13 - Drivers must, at all times, drive back to the pit lane without the assistance of others after the chequered flag has been waved at them indicating the end of Qualifying or Race. Drivers that breach this article will be penalized as follows:

a. A warning for the first offense plus 2 license points
b. A 2-grid spot penalty on the next race for the second offense plus 3 license points
c. A 10-grid spot penalty on the next race for the third offense plus 4 license points
d. A start-from-pits on the next race for the 4th and later offenses plus 5 license points
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
We are extending the timeframe to report incidents from 3 hours to 12 hours after the publication of the unofficial results:

10.1 - Drivers will be given up to three (3) hours after the publication of the unofficial results to report, in the event's forum thread, incidents that should be investigated by the stewards. All reports made after this timeframe will be dismissed.

changed to

10.1 - Drivers will be given up to twelve (12) hours after the publication of the unofficial results to report, in the event's forum thread, incidents that should be investigated by the stewards. All reports made after this timeframe will be dismissed.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo
A clarification was made to rule 14.9 regarding wet-weather races:

14.9 - Should there be wet weather at any point during the race, Article 14.5 will not be enforced.

changed to

14.9 - Should there be wet weather requiring the use of a wet-weather tire compound at any point during the race, Article 14.5 will not be enforced.
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
Hmmm... clear as mud. If wet tires are required, and I don't run them at any time, am I in violation of rule 14.9?
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
Yes, you are violating rule 14.5. The keyword in 14.9 is required. If you decide not to use them then rule 14.9 doesn't apply to you and therefore you must comply with 14.5.

14.5 - Drivers must use at least two out of the three dry-weather tire compounds during the race.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. 2020 Season
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!