1. SRH Management
  2. 2019 Season
  3. Monday, 11 November 2019
Hi all,

As usual, at the end of the year, we run two surveys: The 2019 season survey and the next year's proposals.

Each survey answered gives you an additional 20 points towards the Performance Ranking. So if you answer both of them, you get a total of 40 bonus points.

The surveys will close on November 21st right after the conclusion of our final race of the season in Abu Dhabi.

Here are the links to the surveys:

2019 SEASON SURVEY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6BXXZ8N

2020 PROPOSALS: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZN627TY
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
On 2nd question, I can't answer the same value for any two or more of the options.
https://i.ibb.co/QQQRkjr/team-Car-img.png
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
On which survey is that?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Ok try again, I think I've fixed that.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Total of 3 engines for next season. Engine degradation .mas file updating. Deadline for engine replacement announcement. 10 place penalty for further engine replacements. Awesome.!?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Total of 3 engines for next season. Engine degradation .mas file updating. Deadline for engine replacement announcement. 10 place penalty for further engine replacements. Awesome.!?

I like that, Adam! Good idea.

I also forgot to mention in my survey, I think Halo should be mandatory as another step to emulate the pro league.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
As of 11/17/2019, these are the members that have answered the surveys:

2019 Season Feedback:
Cory Mackey
Mike Conger
Craig Hunter
Ivan Georgiev
John Cook
David Carney
Adam Freitas
Darren Fisher
Janos Magasrevy

2020 Proposals:
Benny Fascelli
Cory Mackey
Mike Conger
Craig Hunter
Ivan Georgiev
John Cook
David Carney
Glyn Cooper
Adam Freitas
Janos Magasrevy

Some of you answered one survey instead of the two, remember, it's 20 ranking bonus points for each one you answer.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Another track to consider for substitute, Magny Cours
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
What if we do not release the track until Tuesday. More like the real F1 and no disadvantage to the FiHSF1 drivers. It also gives Janos more time.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 9
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
What if we do not release the track until Tuesday. More like the real F1 and no disadvantage to the FiHSF1 drivers. It also gives Janos more time.

I like the idea of limiting practice laps too. Don't know how it'd be possible to prevent drivers from practicing offline though.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
After reading the surveys, here's what we should talk about:

1. Ways of improving the incident review process
2. Rules clarity
3. Back-to-back races

Anything else you want to discuss for 2020, bring it on too.

Before I say what I think about those 3 points above, I'll address some of the suggestions made already here on this topic:

From Adam Freitas:

I would love to do this, but unfortunately, rF2 is not built for this. I understand there are workarounds but it also means more work for me and the rest of the drivers having to keep up with engine wear and all of that. I think that if we want to push for this level of simulation, we are better of racing F1 2019 from Codemasters.

From Adam Freitas:

We floated this idea some years ago, in the end it was shut down because it wouldn't be fair to those drivers with a tight schedule. Some people only have time to prepare during certain days. And as Cory said, there's always the option of practicing offline or you can also get the track from the previous season. It is very difficult to control how much practice drivers are allowed, at the end of the day this is a virtual environment and we'll have to deal with this. Remember, real F1 drivers also have the simulators so it's not like they come fresh to each track. If it was up to me, we would hold a drawing for a random track every Tuesday and that's what we race, but I know the group of drivers we have is not going to like that idea haha.

Now, about the 3 points I mentioned earlier:

1. Ways of improving the incident review process

I want to bring this up because I believe our process is not transparent enough, maybe it is the way it is because of previous experiences where we had people fighting with each other in public about incidents. However, here's what I would like to start doing starting with the 2020 Winter Series:

a. Get the drivers involved in an incident and the admins together on Teamspeak.

b. Have a civilized discussion where all points of view of the incident are heard. If you are involved in an incident and don't show up to this discussion, then your point of view will not be taken into account.

c. If after the discussion there's no understanding reached, official complaints can be filed. You cannot file a complaint if you did not take part in the discussion in the first place.

d. Have a team of 5 people (ideally external to the league) review the complaint on Friday. They will decide if a penalty is warranted.

2. Rules clarity

I think the rules that need more clarity are the ESC rule and the track limits. I would like to request someone with better English than me to re-write the ESC rules to make them clearer. If you have ideas on how to simplify them even better.

As for the track limits, this has always been a problem in simracing, what I propose for 2020 is to have exceptions at some tracks. Silverstone and Mexico are two that come to mind immediately. Even though our rule comes straight from the FIA, real Formula 1 does have exceptions, we saw them at Austin where they specifically said what was allowed and what not. I think this is the way to go. Treat this on a per-track basis.

3. Back-to-back Races

Well, I know we had 4 straight races at the end of the season, this was unusual and it was caused by the server failure in Mexico and also Halloween and Thanksgiving in the way.

However, I do believe that the way real F1 is going with its calendar, 22 races is way too much for us. I propose we cut this down to 20 races tops. We'll work out a modification to the 2020 calendar to see what we can do to avoid too many back-to-backs. Now, if we do this, don't complain then that we don't follow the exact same calendar as real F1 haha.

What say you?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
I say exceptions for track limits is NOT the way to go. Isn't there a way to edit track limits so drivers get warnings, then penalties. At the very least warnings, so many recorded warnings = time penalty after race.
The meeting on TS is ok as long as its Friday. If I get taken out early and retire, im not hanging around to talk after race. At least on Friday guys have chance to review replay.

I also think the idea of drafting winter series guys, should be just that. If they get picked they team up with the driver that picked them. Last season, 2 guys in winter series already agreed to team up with each other or drivers lower in the list to pick. If you want to team up with a certain driver, then finish in top 14 at end of season.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
sorry cant see
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
1. d - plus we nominate/vote on the stewards.

2. Esc rule is good as is, very nice addition. Track limits - all 4 over the track line is DQ from race results and back of the grid penalty for next race... It is up to the drivers to review and submit complaints.

3. B2B races/calender. That really is something you, Janos, should decide on your own. You are affected more than anyone and have to do the work. So just own that one and call it please.

Now the good stuff...

Attention!! Real weather works with RF2!!
No more waiting around. It is time to be free of the chains that bind and use the tools that are waiting for us to move into the future? Present? Past!!. Yep it has been there waiting to be used. Let us not be fair weather nannies and start being simracers.

Also engine changes are another "factor' that this sim offers. I purpose 5 then penalties occur. With this, the radiator can be a bigger aero 'factor'.

Safety car. Oooh that needs more testing. But could be a fun 'factor'.

Happy Holidays!!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
How about we randomly pick 3 drivers to act as stewards for each race, picked before the race by Janos but announced after the race. Incidents are reviewed and put to a vote of guilty or innocent by each steward. 2 out of 3 being the minimum majority to rule in favor, per incident.

Weather, yes! Scripted as forecasted.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 16
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!