1. Sean Higgins
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. Friday, 16 August 2019
I have a suggestion for next year, if we use the same procedure for drafting. I would like to see the person that gets the first pick of the preseason drivers, be able to choose ANYONE available. I don't think it's fair that drivers that didn't make it into the top 14 (or whatever the cut off is), or are down on the draft list, be able to Pre Team up with guys in the preseason, effectively taking them out of the draft. I think you shouldn't be able to team up with who you want if you are in the preseason races, unless you get lucky in the draft. I thought that was part of this cut off thing, you have to EARN your way into a good seat and team.

For example. I had first pick of preseason racers and the top 3 guys I couldn't pick, because they were already going to team up with other drivers. What's the point of a preseason and draft then? Just a thought to consider.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I like the idea, in fact, I'm going to propose we do the selection after the winter series, not before. However, in your proposal, if you pick someone, he has to agree to be your teammate?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I don't think if you're in the top (14 or whatever) you shouldn't have a choice, that's part of being in the top 14. It's not that they have to agree, they are just on that team with that other driver. If you want to have control over where and who you race with, then make the top 14. :p
I do like the wait until after the winter series for any picking.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
If we do the full selection once we know the entire lineup after the winter series, that shouldn't be a problem. However, drivers will always pre-team up, that just happens naturally. I do believe that drivers should have a choice of agreeing or disagreeing to race with someone and not be forced, the only forced one should only be the one that has the last pick.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
If we do the full selection once we know the entire lineup after the winter series, that shouldn't be a problem. However, drivers will always pre-team up, that just happens naturally. I do believe that drivers should have a choice of agreeing or disagreeing to race with someone and not be forced, the only forced one should only be the one that has the last pick.

Then there is no point in doing a draft. I would suggest that EVERYONE get race in the winter series, (top 14 if they want to) and then just do a draft on Car Selection only, like normal. Since it doesn't matter if a guy with the 5th pick can't select any of the other available drivers. In fact I don't see any real reason to be in the top 14 now, other than picking the car you get to drive. You can see I'm a little bitter. :D I tried to choose 3 drivers, but they all teamed up, even though they were in the winter series, with guys that were below me in the picking. I ended up picking the driver I drove with last year, then he quite. So basically I'm on my own, and the team championship doesn't mean anything to me this season. Keep in mind I had the 1st pick of the winter series drivers. (well not really)
Off my soap box now. :p
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
sorry sean , if i hadn't quited you would still have the same number of points for haas as
a points finish here is way above my pay grade and skill set !!

your new teamate has a much better chance of scoring points even if his internet is as good as my driving!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Or...... The top 6 or 7 guys can not choose another top 6 or 7 guy to team with. This would mix up the league a bit and TEAM championship. :p
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
i think this should be given some serious thought as its well known the drivers title is among 3-4 at best so everyone
else is battling for positions only , this would even the playing field as to team championships. just my 2 cents!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 7
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!