1. SRH Management
  2. 2019 Season
  3. Friday, 05 April 2019
http://www.simracinghub.com/images/events/SRHF1/2019/03-China/SRHF1-2019-03-CHN-Preview.png

Please share your experience and findings in this thread.

In order to obtain the password for the race, please register at the following link:
http://www.simracinghub.com/srhf1/srhf1-calendar/227-srhf1-2019-03-china/registration

After registering, you should receive a confirmation email that includes the password for the race.

All results will be posted on the official event page:
http://www.simracinghub.com/srhf1/srhf1-calendar/227-srhf1-2019-03-china
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Drivers penalized coming into this round:

- Aron Gimenez | +2 grid spots
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Official Practice results posted
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Here's the final standings table for Practice according to Liveracers:

http://www.simracinghub.com/images/events/SRHF1/2019/03-China/SRHF1-2019-03-CHN-Liveracers.png
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Here's the only incident reported by the server:

Line 179: <Incident et="310.0">Craig Hunter(28) reported contact (0.13) with another vehicle Theodoros Eziroglou(21)</Incident>

You have 24 hours to report any incidents by sending a PM to SRH Management
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Quali:

I tried to put a lap with mediums to start the race with those but they were simply too slow. The I switched to the softs and was in 9th for a while then moved back to 10th only to be knocked out of Q2 by my teammate lol!

Race:

I had a 2 stop strategy in mind, starting in 11th with the mediums then go long. At the start I lost a few places and then I spun it on lap 4 turn 11, dropped from 12 to 19...

I settled down and stuck to the plan but midway through the race I realized it wasn't gonna work, I was simply too slow with the mediums. I stopped on lap 36 as planned for the second time and put on the softs then went all in. I managed to take a few positions and then stop again on lap 46. I pushed to get the fastest lap and was able to do so. I was in 10th with a few laps to go, managed to overtake Fisher who seem to be suffering with the mediums, and then Otto on the last lap after apparently he ran out of fuel!

Congrats to my teammate for his 6th spot and to Ezequiel for the victory.

On this race I went backwards compared to Bahrain. I blame it on a terrible strategy, the car had the speed but it seems it's not suited so well for the medium tires.

Anyways, off to Baku now, a new track for me. Looking forward to driving through the castle!
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
A good race for me. I'm finally on the board this season with a 4th place finish.. No damage to the car, that helps. ;)

One stupid spin ruined my strategy, falling from 2nd position to 4th at turn 11, the left-right leading to the backstretch. Missed a shift and looped it. After that, my dreams of a possible podium were gone, only damage control on the horizon. I ran the final 20 laps slowly on mediums.

At one point, I thought Otto and I would both get to the podium...:(
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Official Qualifying results posted
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Missed out on Q2 again ended up 12th. Couldn't get final 2 runs without mistake.

Race: My plan was to run softs as long as possible and go on the Mediums for the shortest time at the end of the race. I ended up running about 12 laps or so on mediums at the end. Finished 7th, not bad. Only had 1 real mistake and drove off track and almost got wall in front of the Williams guys.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
I saw that, almost followed you. It's true what they say, you go where you look. I got on the radio and asked Otto, "who was that?"
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
4 pit stops for me so it was horrible. what the F happened to the mod? can we go back to Aussie mod. we change it because 2 guys have brake problems? add ducts if you dont want your brakes to fail. and the difference in speed with low ducts is rediculous. why do you change the mod every race?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
The duct drag hasn't changed at all since we started.

And about the tire wear, clearly we are abusing the tires or something, cuz look at Ezequiel, won the race with 2 stops and 16 seconds ahead...
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Here's the final standings table for Practice according to Liveracers:

http://www.simracinghub.com/images/events/SRHF1/2019/03-China/SRHF1-2019-03-CHN-Liveracers.png

So are we going by the "Clean Laps" figure to see if we have done the required laps? I assume so since it's colored.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
That's correct, Sean.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
That's correct, Sean.

The regulations don't mention that the completed laps need also be clean to receive the bonus points.
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
4 pit stops for me so it was horrible. what the F happened to the mod? can we go back to Aussie mod. we change it because 2 guys have brake problems? add ducts if you dont want your brakes to fail. and the difference in speed with low ducts is rediculous. why do you change the mod every race?

Just to piss you off, I suspect. :)
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
I'll add that clarification to the rules. That's the column I've been using all these years, it's not something new.

As for the mod changes, I don't expect any more physics changes for the remainder of the season. We have been doing it like this for 2-3 years already since it's quite difficult to get all correctly fine tuned with just one long race in the winter series.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
Just pointing out a problem that many not happy about. But eze won ok
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo
I'm not happy about the tires either but unfortunately this is not something I know how to fix...

Man this is the second race in a row I'm arguing with someone after the race, am I the problem then???
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
The boss has been asking for feedback since the winter as well as stating that there would be multiple upcoming updates.

It seems tyre wear is a recurring issue. You do realize that the pros could also easily destroy their tyres in about 5 laps if they also mismanaged them to that degree. I guarantee Montero or anybody else has the same struggle as you. He's managing the tyre wear by driving smooth and not over-driving the car. We all have to do the same.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
It's a recurrent issue here and in real F1. In real F1 they have a whole Pirelli division dedicated to the F1 tires. I am not going to claim I'm an expert at F1 tires nor the tire model in rF2. I simply grabbed what the base mod provided and moved on with it. If they suck then they suck, what else can we do? We all drive the same car and tires anyways. I know for future races I'll have to change my strategy so that it can better use the tires. In this race I chose to be overly cautious to do 2 stops and it didn't pay off at all. On the other hand, I did notice Montero didn't push and was just consistent without killing his tires and that got him the victory, with 2 stops.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!