1. SRH Management
  2. 2019 Season
  3. Wednesday, 06 March 2019
The regulations for the 2019 season have been posted: http://www.simracinghub.com/srhf1/srhf1-2019-regulations

====================================
UPDATE

After discussions in this thread and outside of it, we have decided to roll back the proposed Quali format and continue with how it was in 2018.

Here are the original changes before scraping the new Quali format:

3.3: The event registration deadline has been moved to the start of Qualifying.

5.1: The bonus points for practicing on the server has been changed to 10 ranking points for completing a minimum of 25 timed laps up to before the start of Qualifying. There's also an additional 5 points for completing 50 or more timed laps.

13.6: The rubber file will now be saved at the conclusion of Qualifying instead of the Official Practice.

13.8: The server will now be password protected before the start of the Official Practice instead of after.

Section 14: Covers all the new tire regulations, please read them!

15.8: The use of the Escape (ESC) key is now prohibited during Qualifying (read the rule for more details).

15.9: Drivers now must return to the pits after the session is over. We don't want to see more crashfests at the end of the races. Incidents after the chequered flag has been waived will still be investigated.

Section 17: Covers the new timetable with Qualifying on Tuesday.

19.1: Explains the new Qualifying format.

20.1: Parc Ferme was forced to be disabled since rF2 does not carry it over multiple days, hopefully, we can have this in the future.

22.2: It is clarified that any driver having technical issues when the server moves to Race session will be considered as a mechanical failure. There will be no restarts except for what's covered in Article 22.8.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
so let me see if i have this straight,
if i esc in q1 and return to the track i will be dq'ed from q and the race.
if i esc from q1 and dont return to the track i keep my position and if its fast enough i advance to q2?
if i esc in q2 and return to the track i will be dq'ed from the q and the race?
if i esc in q2 and dont return to the track i keep my position?
do i have this correct?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
That is correct, Deuce.

What I'm proposing to change is the RACE penalty from a DQ to 10 places on the final result, not a grid penalty on the following race.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
That is correct, Deuce.

What I'm proposing to change is the RACE penalty from a DQ to 10 places on the final result, not a grid penalty on the following race.

now that i am perfectly clear on how the rule works may i ask exactly what are you trying to prevent with this rule?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I'm trying to prevent drivers from going all out in Qualifying without caring if they destroy the car or not. It makes qualifying a lot more tense and with a lot more to lose. Besides that, you also need to calculate when to go out on track better and be aware of the clock.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I'm trying to prevent drivers from going all out in Qualifying without caring if they destroy the car or not. It makes qualifying a lot more tense and with a lot more to lose. Besides that, you also need to calculate when to go out on track better and be aware of the clock.

so how is any of this prevented if someone can set a fast lap then do what you say and crash , then escape but not rejoin the q session and not incur any penalty?

seems to me if you esc outside the parameters your q session is done and you start where you are or the penalty is meaningless.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
You still have to set a lap time, you can very well ruin it on your first attempt. Or you could go for broke trying to improve your time and crash and then you have to sit out the session waiting to see where you end up.

On street circuits this has proven to produce mixed grids, for example in Baku, Otto crashed on his out lap, had to start from the back of the grid. You also don't see Ezequiel taking all pole positions like last year.

I'm trying to add a little bit more realism to spice things up and I do believe this is doing that. I don't know if you have ever played the Codemasters F1 game but that one goes a level above, it actually makes you wait in your garage until repairs are finished.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
[/i]
We have made modifications to the ESC key rule, it now reads:

15.8 - Drivers are strictly forbidden to use the Escape (ESC) key outside the speed-limited pit area throughout the entirety of Qualifying. Drivers who are forced to press the ESC key outside the speed-limited pit area will be automatically deemed as "retired" from the currently running qualifying session (Q1 or Q2) without being excluded from the results.

I believe that real F1 driver do not hit ESC after their last Qualy lap. Just like F1 drivers do not restart the formation lap. It is not fair for those that actually drive around to the pits on their last lap. This loophole may need clarification.

Noted:D
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
I think Rule 15.12 should be rewritten as to state, after the checkered flag drivers must drive back to pits UNDER THEIR OWN POWER.

One of the Williams cars was pushed by the sister car after it had run out of fuel on the cool-down lap of British GP.
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Good point Cory Mackey. I'll add that.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
We have made a modification to rule 15.12 and will be applied starting with the SRHF1 2019 German Grand Prix:

Before:

15.12 - Drivers must, at all times, drive back to the pit lane after the chequered flag has been waved at them indicating the end of Qualifying or Race. Drivers who are unable to return to the pits or are involved in an incident will be investigated in accordance with article 24.

After:

15.12 - Drivers must, at all times, drive back to the pit lane without the assistance of others after the chequered flag has been waved at them indicating the end of Qualifying or Race. Drivers who are unable to return to the pits or are involved in an incident will be investigated in accordance with article 24.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
;)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
I wonder if someone is sour about a 30 second penalty? :p
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
Sean, I don't victimize myself at every chance I get, like some people do. I'm actually delighted with my penalty since I was expecting much worse. :)
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
To whom are you referring?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 14
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!