1. SRH Management
  2. 2019 Season
  3. Wednesday, 06 March 2019
The regulations for the 2019 season have been posted: http://www.simracinghub.com/srhf1/srhf1-2019-regulations

====================================
UPDATE

After discussions in this thread and outside of it, we have decided to roll back the proposed Quali format and continue with how it was in 2018.

Here are the original changes before scraping the new Quali format:

3.3: The event registration deadline has been moved to the start of Qualifying.

5.1: The bonus points for practicing on the server has been changed to 10 ranking points for completing a minimum of 25 timed laps up to before the start of Qualifying. There's also an additional 5 points for completing 50 or more timed laps.

13.6: The rubber file will now be saved at the conclusion of Qualifying instead of the Official Practice.

13.8: The server will now be password protected before the start of the Official Practice instead of after.

Section 14: Covers all the new tire regulations, please read them!

15.8: The use of the Escape (ESC) key is now prohibited during Qualifying (read the rule for more details).

15.9: Drivers now must return to the pits after the session is over. We don't want to see more crashfests at the end of the races. Incidents after the chequered flag has been waived will still be investigated.

Section 17: Covers the new timetable with Qualifying on Tuesday.

19.1: Explains the new Qualifying format.

20.1: Parc Ferme was forced to be disabled since rF2 does not carry it over multiple days, hopefully, we can have this in the future.

22.2: It is clarified that any driver having technical issues when the server moves to Race session will be considered as a mechanical failure. There will be no restarts except for what's covered in Article 22.8.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I believe article 22.2 is too stringent for this delicate game. Some drivers could have an array of issues (game crash, sync issues, ffb, major stutters etc) throughout the year that could happen when moving through sessions, of no fault of their own. If we had 100s of millions of viewers to think of i could understand. But the amount of time put in is worth a second chance now and then. The formation lap is only about 3 mins long.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
If there's no way to enforce parc ferme, I fear this will open the door to bogus qualifying setups. Drivers could run closed radiators and brake ducts in q, then change them for the race. I consider this a major flaw. Under the old system, we could at least be sure that setups were legit, otherwise they'd pay the price in the race.:(
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Ditto, Rich.

Two different setups it is. :(
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
wow. its this a specific mod flaw for parc ferme? or have i been away that long it started with certain build?

Richard, It sounds like thats the parc ferme if we did Q on tuesdays.....it should still work if Q is held on nights of the race.
Imagine Everyone working together As one.....Awesome
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I reiterate that the new rules have us qualifying Tuesday night and racing Thursday. Janos stated that he cannot enforce parc ferme under this system.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
With this, we might as well not have any qualifying session and just use Liveracers timing chart to set the grid.

In any case, this equates to more work now for the drivers to build two different setups to be competitive and hope we can be in attendance for 40 official league days instead of 20. :( Doesn't seem like the right direction to go, but so be it.

I wonder if there's anybody that voted on this, who didn't get a seat.
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
19.4 - Drivers that leave the server after the starting grid has been set during the final warm-up session will be moved to the back of the grid with their position determined by the order in which they rejoin the server.

Is that worded correctly? Should this be under Race and not qual regulations?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Just to be clear on 15.8...even if you crash you have to drive your car around to pits stall, before you can hit ESC.. Is that correct?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
After having listened to all your feedback, here and outside the forum, I have decided to roll back on the new Qualifying format. We will continue with the same format we used in 2018 on Thursday nights as well.

Perhaps we can re-introduce this idea when saving Parc Ferme over multiple days is available.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
19.4 - Drivers that leave the server after the starting grid has been set during the final warm-up session will be moved to the back of the grid with their position determined by the order in which they rejoin the server.

Is that worded correctly? Should this be under Race and not qual regulations?

Good point Sean Higgins, I think it actually belongs to section 21 "The Grid".
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Janos,
I understand what you were trying to do with all 3 rounds of Qualifying.
I appluad your efforts and forward thinking, but the software hasn't caught up to your vision just yet.
A true parc ferme gives the league realism and integrity. I thank you
for reconsidering the qualifying process.

I will inquire about this issue/scenario over at 397 if you haven't already...
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
I have updated the regulations to reflect the changes. I did, however, keep one rule:

14.3 - Drivers who make it through the final qualifying session (Q2) will have to start the race on the same tire compound they used to record their fastest timed lap during the first qualifying session (Q1).

In the past, drivers that made it to Q2 were forced to start the race on the same compound they used in Q2, not in Q1. The way it is now opens up for a mixed grid should you decide to start the race on a harder compound, with the risk of not making it through to Q2.

I also added more details to the ESC key regulations.

As for Article 22.2, let me discuss it a little bit more with Jacobo. I won't make any promises though.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
i would like to propose a change to the points system.

although we like to follow the real f1 as close as we can i would like to see an adjustment to the points. at present the top 10 recieve points
and the remainder of the field recieves none. this detracts from the competition among the guys who most likely will not be running in the
top 6 or 7 to be generous , myself included. hypothetical one raceday there is serious attrition and someone who finishes 15th to 20th winds
up with a 4th place finish. every guy who runs the bottom half is probably not going to ever be able to make up that amount of points
even with a couple 10ths and maybe an 8th or ninth. the biggist issue is the guys running outside the top 10 regularly have nothing to compare
to the other 10 - 20 drivers so there is no marker of where they are in the overall competition standings. By adding to the points there is a race through-out the field.

my idea is to add 12 points to place 1 through 10
( first would add 12 to 25 making it 37 )
( tenth would add 12 to 1 making it 13 )
seeing there is 22 slots 11th place would recieve 12 points
with 1 point drops per position down to
22 place recieving 1 point.

I feel this would add to the competition among drivers and possibly keep some intrest through the whole season.

your thoughts??????
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
That's actually a pretty good idea, deuce. If people want to compare to the real season there could be an additional points listing with realistic points for the top 10 to compare ourselves to the real thing. :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
I like the idea Deuce, however, I think the biggest issue I see with it is that let's assume there's a championship fight going on between 2 drivers, it's neck and neck, then one has a single DNF, he's automatically down 37 points instead of 25 if the other guy wins, that can decide championships here...

With the current system you can make up 25 points in at most 4 races, with your proposal it would take 6.

I'm not keen in seeing championships decided before Japan, makes the last 6 races dull.

My suggestion would be to focus more on the ranking where we award everyone.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
What about. 11th is 0.9 pts, 10th 0.8, 12th 0.7, 13th 0.6, 14th 0.5, 15th 0.4 16th 0.3, 17th 0.2, and the last place to get points would be 18th 0.1? That wouldn't mess up the championship and still get the guys outside the top 10 points to collect. Or go to 16th and have 11th be worth 0.7 points. then count down so 10th is a bigger margin prize than 9th.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
If the sole purpose is to measure yourself against others then use the ranking. That's the whole reason we created it, it can be used to compare yourself in qualifying, in race, how clean of a driver you are, how much you participate, and most importantly, it decides whether you participate directly in the following season.

The drivers championship is meant to emulate F1, it has essentially zero implications to all the drives besides the honor of winning it. You can finish fourth or last, it means the same.

My advice would be to push harder and try to get into the points, it's surely more possible here than it is for Williams to score points these days.

I know some of you are not the best at doing setups, but guess what, I'm racing this year, I'm willing to share my setups, and offer guidance to those that are interested, ask questions, show that you are motivated in learning, this is part of F1 too, not just driving and forgetting about the car.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo
We have added a new rule following recent developments in real Formula 1:

7.5 - In addition to the above, one point will be awarded to the driver who achieved the fastest lap of the race and to the team whose car he was driving, provided the lap time was achieved without incurring a penalty and he was in the top ten positions of the final race classification. No point will be awarded if the fastest lap is achieved by a driver who was classified outside the top ten positions.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
We have made modifications to the ESC key rule, it now reads:

15.8 - Drivers are strictly forbidden to use the Escape (ESC) key outside the speed-limited pit area throughout the entirety of Qualifying. Drivers who are forced to press the ESC key outside the speed-limited pit area will be automatically deemed as "retired" from the currently running qualifying session (Q1 or Q2) without being excluded from the results.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
[/i]
We have made modifications to the ESC key rule, it now reads:

15.8 - Drivers are strictly forbidden to use the Escape (ESC) key outside the speed-limited pit area throughout the entirety of Qualifying. Drivers who are forced to press the ESC key outside the speed-limited pit area will be automatically deemed as "retired" from the currently running qualifying session (Q1 or Q2) without being excluded from the results.

I believe that real F1 driver do not hit ESC after their last Qualy lap. Just like F1 drivers do not restart the formation lap. It is not fair for those that actually drive around to the pits on their last lap. This loophole may need clarification.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!