1. Janos Magasrevy
  2. 2019 Season
  3. Wednesday, 19 December 2018
Gents,

I've setup a server at Silverstone that includes two mods for us to try over the break. Please focus on the physics aspect since we need to decide which of the two we'll pick as a baseline for our 2019 mod.

The server is called "SimRacingHub.com F1"
The password is: 2019test1

The two mods are:

A) F1 ASR 2018: We'll most likely use the 3D models and skins (and possibly sounds) from this mod since I couldn't find any other alternative. This mod features a ton of upgrades in the tuning menu, including the cockpit protection devices (halo, windshield, etc.) We'll be using the one listed as "Halo 2018 (color)" but you have the option to remove it too if you hate it. The mod also has the 7 dry compounds used in 2018. However, we'll most likely follow the new tire regulations for 2019 that F1 is adopting, with just the Soft/Medium/Hard compounds. We'll have to pick which one will be the soft, the medium, and the hard from those 7 available with this mod. As for the rest of the physics, it's for you to try and post your feedback here.

B) Formula-SimRacing 2018: I chose this mod since this is a very popular and well organized league. The main reason behind my choice is to test their physics.

Both mods and track should download automatically from the server, but if you are impatient, please send me a private message and I'll share a dropbox link.

Enjoy!
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I just noticed that the tires available for this track on the ASR mod are hypersoft, ultrasoft, and supersoft. So try those I guess.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I don't know which of the two mods I was trying but I was pleased to see that my race setup for last season worked out pretty well. The car is sort of touchy with braking and will switch ends easily if you don't pay attention. Some of the pit menu setting were different, brake bias being one in particular.

So far I like t\his one, fun and stable but demands concentration, it will bite you if you don't pay attention.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
It would be good to know which mod it was Craig, was it a real F1 team or a made up one?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Ferrari, Kimi's car. Wings 10/30 and it seemed that 30 was a low as it would go. I was running about 40 liters. It did feel a little sluggish off the bottom end, boost setting was "1" only, no change possible. My Fanatec wheel registered flat spotted tires last season and the feature was also active with this mod.

Only had a few minutes, more to come.

Merry Christmas to you.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Okay, tried the Formula sim racing mod, didn't care for it much, felt clunky. Wing options were way out of line (IMO) but worked somewhat.
Went back to the F1ASR mod and it felt a lot better, almost 10 seconds a lap faster than the other mod. Fiddled with gearing and added a little wing and got down in the low 128's (good for me anyway).

Merry Christmas to you folks.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Just ran the ASR mod without changing anything, felt pretty good. The car behaved a lot more like what I would expect from an F1 car.
Can anyone explain how I access the FSR mod/server?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I tried the two mods and the F1 ASR 2018 I find it much more realistic. the old mod we use has too much grip and as long as you lower the wings more and more you make better lap times and it's not good. You can not have a maximum speed of 357 km / h at silverstone and in many other tracks of formula 1.
It is also more challenging to drive the F1 ASR 2018 and this makes the challenge on the track much more interesting. I would propose to run all with a fixed setup equal for everyone, to choose between setup for fast tracks, medium fast and slow. 3 fixed setups for all with the possibility to change only the degrees of the steering, the distribution of the braking and the front wing.
in game --> Roberto Scime - SRH F1 #69
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
I would propose to run all with a fixed setup equal for everyone, to choose between setup for fast tracks, medium fast and slow. 3 fixed setups for all with the possibility to change only the degrees of the steering, .

I like the idea of keeping the speed realistic and simplifying what can be done to the setup. That will mean better competition from those that don't have hours to spend figuring out the the subtleties and exploits of the mod. Perhaps leave wing open to adjustment.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
I have tried both. The F1 Asr mod feels alot like our last season mod. Grip, low wings and high speeds. I agree that the cars shouldn't be hitting 350+ unless we are at Monza. The Fsr mod imo seems closer to reality. The laps times are comparable to real life f1 with Lewis Hamilton's lap record of 1:30.xxx. 1:23's seem way to fast. Running wings at the lowest on the rear here isn't right either.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Some info on the results of f1 silverstone 2018...
Top speed - 325
Qual. Lap- 1:25.xxx
Race lap- 1:30.xxx
Attachments (3)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Holy smokes, the FSR mod is fantastic, for me it is much more enjoyable than the ASR mod. The ASR mod feels very unnatural and I completely agree with Darren here 350 kph in silverstone is unimaginable high. I have never actually enjoyed a mod as much as the FSR mod. The default setup is amazing and provides an all around good and responsive car. Haven't tested a lot of long runs but on shorter stints tyres look good they dont overheat a lot so thats a plus.
(hope it's not a problem I have given my opinion,I wish to join you guys after the spring semester ends in april/may)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Alright guys I finally started working on the new mod, just learning how it's all integrated to then move up with our clean version. Typically these ASR mods come very disorganized and hard to follow so it takes me a couple of days to figure them out. I can now say that I hope to have something up for the first weekend of February.

Ideally, we can all test the mod for about a week and then make the first update that will be used for the first race of the Winter Series.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
I also like the FSR better than ASR, though it's still too fast.
Darren's post shows good information for targeting the top speed and lap times. If we decrease the downforce in the physics file so we have to increase the wing angles in our garage setup, the resulting increased drag will get the cars down to the desired top speed with appropriate lap times.
I think Janos may be already looking at this.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
Actually Jeff I still haven't got to that, if you could please email me a single HDV file with what you think the proper wing parameters should be I would appreciate your help as usual.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
Ok, I'll get going on it.

Thx for all you're doing.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
Mod is moving along very well now. I already have Ferrari, Force India, Haas, and Red Bull done. If everything continues the way is going you can expect to have a server up late tomorrow night!
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
Awesome! Really looking forward to trying it.

Thx Janos
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo
thought we are getting away from unrealistic speeds. 352 km/h at silverstone?

no wings again I guess.

here's the top speed from Spain last year at end of main straight.

TOP SPEEDS ON MAIN STRAIGHT
Chassis Engine Top speed [km/h]
1. Haas Ferrari

2. Ferrari Ferrari

3. Mercedes Mercedes

4. Toro Rosso Honda

5. Williams Mercedes

6. Force India Mercedes

7. Sauber Ferrari

8. McLaren Renault

9. Red Bull Renault

10. Renault Renault
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
Yep, see what you mean David.

More work required, looks like..
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
Let's continue the discussion the mod's thread: http://www.simracinghub.com/forum/3777-srhf1-2019
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2019 Season
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.