1. Benny Fascelli
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. Saturday, 26 May 2018
I decided to open a few threads with the main issues that i have seen in the last several weeks. I would like to start with blue flags.
I do know it's a game and we all make mistakes, but i don't understand why someone with a lap behind with the closest car 30 seconds away, he's pushing like crazy and doesn't respect the blue flag. Why? What's the point?
Another thing is lag. I have seen a car ahead of me disappear for a whole lap and reappear right in front of me out of nowhere. I understand that sometimes a little lag happens but some people have really big time with lag. What's the point of racing that way? You're going to ruin somebody's race and yours.
Please share your thoughts, i would like to improve as a league so we can have great races and some good time together. Thank you.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello
Lag has always been a big issue/problem over the years. But in this case imho
I don't think it is the server or RF2 , I say this because
As far as I know a server does not does not select certain drivers and not others.
If the server or rf2 was the problem all drivers would have lag not just 3 or 4.
So in my thinking the drivers who are showing lag have a bad internet connection or or they are running multiple connections
On a slow connection. Or are running wireless and under the best conditions is not great for gaming.
Upload mps is the most important when gaming, I don't remember the numbers off hand but it was in the high 250 mps to have a solid connection.
I know it is a hard thing but (and I am not sure what can be done) but if you consider lag like a team or driver problem and make it a requirement like a driver must have a certain ping to race and be lag free or ?

Blue flags
This has been a discussion many many years
In short there has to be respect from both drivers there are guys that don't yield to blue flags.
But also there are guys that just barrow on up in a area where it is not the best spot to give room.
A good driver would read this back off a little and push win there is a better place for the move.

And before it is said
Just because a driver is under blue flag does not mean his race is over or there is no position to fight for or points to be had.

Ruben
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Well, blue flags. Its a problem all the time.

I think we need rules about this or we need some of concept here. If u lost the lap where u should be left room ?. Well i think we need a simple rule, just let the driver pass in a straight zone and the guy with lost lap stay away from the race line.

I saw many people left pass in a turn and that is so risky also i dont talking about just because monaco and by the way my two crash was because that. The thing is i really dont know what u will gone do and this happend also in anothers circuits they left room in a turn and that i repeat is to risky because if i going behind u how f.... know if u braking to take the turn or braking to let me pass? (Maybe some light yellow in the rear?).

I remember in the last year in Brazil some new guy braked of 300 Km to 100 Km in the race line and just before the braking zone of S of Senna and i was just behind him like maybe 50/100m i dont know how i did to avoid that, i think was just luck.

To keep the idea If u brake like the normal way in the braking zone, i can braking just a little before to dont crash with u but if u brake or left the accelerate in a zone when all we know is accelerate is a crash for sure and Monaco is the worst place to do that especially when this car is so big u havnt space to turn or to avoid a crash with another car slowing.

I understand that some are fighting positions at the time of losing the lap, but I ask you to look at the reverse if you are the leader also u are fight for the win and I am the guy with the lost lap, what would you say if I did those things?.

I don't want this sound like smart guy who know all about racing because isnt true but i think to avoid problems is the idea to follow.
Renault F1 #20 Driver
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
In my opinion, you should never let someone through in a braking zone, always after a corner. It is much easier to cause an accident under braking since the driver behind is not really prepared for it.

I would say that after a turn, just move away from the racing line and let the driver through, there's much less room for error and you also don't force the driver passing you to make any sudden moves.

As for the lag, that's just part of online gaming. I did have to remove Adam Freitas from the race (Monaco) because he was really all over the place with a ping of over 2000ms.

The server is also set to ignore collisions if your ping is over 200ms if I remember correctly, that's also configurable.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
The chrome horn is my go to, works every time. ;)
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Hello
All I am saying is there needs to be a mutual respect, and a lot of times I don't see that from both sides.

Ruben
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
I'm glad i started this conversation because we had some really interesting feedbacks.
I believe that a lapped car should move out the racing line after a turn, not during the breaking, and whoever is lapping a car should wait until the other moves out the racing line.
I think this is a really clear and easy way for everyone.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!