1. SRH Management
  2. 2018 Season
  3. Tuesday, 15 May 2018
http://www.simracinghub.com/images/events/SRHF1/2018/06-Monaco/SRHF1-2018-06-Monaco-Preview.png

Please share your experience and findings in this thread.

In order to obtain the password for the race, please register at the following link:
http://www.simracinghub.com/leagues/srhf1/srhf1-2018-calendar/202-srhf1-2018-06-monaco/registration

After registering, you should receive a confirmation email that includes the password for the race.

All results will be posted on the official event page:
http://www.simracinghub.com/leagues/srhf1/srhf1-2018-calendar/202-srhf1-2018-06-monaco
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I'm having an issue with the track in DevMode. Tomorrow I'll spend more time on that and hopefully have the server up later in the night.

Looking forward to the wet quali!
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Woot! Love that water!

Is it possible to set up two practice sessions on the server for us to switch between a dry practice and a wet practice?
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I shouldn't have registered, as I'll be out of town for this race. Enjoy.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Where can i find more details about the weather?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Server up!

The track is all dry now with no rubber. I think what we should do is have a few days with the track wet and that's it. I can't setup another server for wet practice only because it's a pain to compute the race prerequisite laps.

I'll post more details later this week, for now, focus on practicing with a dry track :p
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
I shouldn't have registered, as I'll be out of town for this race. Enjoy.

I removed your registration. Enjoy your trip!
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
So this is what we are going to do, the practice on Tuesday will start wet and hopefully finish up dry, that will be the only time we'll have a wet track before quali!
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Fun! :)
https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/teams/Ferrari/_jcr_content/teamCar.img.jpg
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
In case you are wondering where did the laps in Liveracers go? I moved switched on the old server and for some reason, Liveracers didn't recognize it's the same settings. So here they are before they vanished:
Attachments (1)
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
IF the race is going to be dry, what is the point of a wet practice, especially here? Why have any wet session here? 6 guys finish in the dry, with all the dry practice. lol
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
The point is that the Quali will be wet, and you know how hard it is to pass in Monaco... so if I were you, I would go in and practice to get a decent lap on Thursday!

The track will dry up towards the end of the practice as well.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Nah not going to waste my time anymore
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
is the track going to be wet at all during the race??
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
So after hearing some reports of the game crashing (as usual), I think it's safe to assume that the wet track is still having problems, just like last year.

Having said that, we'll have a fully dry weekend, including Quali :(
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
I don't like it because I can't see WHERE it's wet. I have my vid card turned up almost all the way, and the only way I could tell "visually" the track was wet was following another car, or in my mirror. I just don't think this sim and/or track is ready for wet weather, to make it FUN
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
The game crashes all the time, but when it's wet... We blame the wet!? Ridiculous!

First of all, you don't need to SEE that it's wet, you only need to feel that it's wet. If you can't feel the wet and adapt, then yes... You're definitely not ready for the wet.

Very disappointed that qualy is being changed because of somebody's bad experience. I had the most fun practicing since the last time it was wet... And I had zero problems with crashing rF or anything else. Does positive feedback count for any decision making here?

Simgaming today folks! Ugh!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo
I feel like I picked a good time to miss a race :D
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 17
Votes
Undo
Why would I scrap the rain unless I think it will cause problems that we've had before?

Cory, you don't seem to remember what happened last year in Silverstone, I'll just leave it at that...
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
Even being the driver who probably lost the most at Silverstone, I'd still prefer we take the chance, assuming any technical issue last night was related to a wet track, but I'm not the one assuming that. It would be the first time with the latest build, that I witness that observation. Maybe I'm not seeing the specifics as to why the wet track would be a problem when drivers like me experienced no difference when compared to a dry session, other than it being easier to pit for damage repair.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 19
Votes
Undo
:

First of all, you don't need to SEE that it's wet, you only need to feel that it's wet. If you can't feel the wet and adapt, then yes... You're definitely not ready for the wet.

!

Just re-read the first part of what you said, LOL Oh I know, let's race in the dark with no lights, you don't NEED to see the walls to KNOW they are there. LMAO!!! :p
I like the rain, but not being able to see a drying line, or that there is MORE water in certain spots is just stupid.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2018 Season
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.