1. Sebastian Fortune
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. Friday, 10 November 2017
Hello Gents and perhaps a few ladies. I just want to put it out there about possible moving the championship to iracing.

I am sure RF2 is fine, but iracing seem to simulate better the formula 1 experience. No I have never driven a formula 1 car and neither have any of you. But I have driven rf2 and iracing and can honestly say that in my humble opinion that iracing is a much better SIM. I know that some of the formula one track are not part of the iracing list of tracks, I also know that there is a cost factor. However, the cost factor is very minimal and is definitely worth it because they are constantly updating the sim and adding more features each year. The caliber of drivers here in this league will be awesome in the iracing sim. I have at the moment 2 iracing accounts, I can lend one of my account to a decision make so that you can try it out for yourself to see of it is worth the effort.

If you guys decide to go to iracing, I would love to be considered for a seat. I have raced with some of you before and would love the opportunity to do so again.

Cheers,
John Cook Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
no thanks - i completely disagree with you - iracing is not worth the money - not that i haven't tried it - i have but no matter what you spend you will have nothing to show for it unless you keep spending - its not for me , i wont give them another cent of my money
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. 2 weeks ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 1
Adam Freitas Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Iracing at the cheapest is $120/2 years ($60/year) $12 per track some are $15. So the cheapest you could get by with would be $300/year the first year? Then
$120 every 2 years. Is this correct? I'm just trying to figure this out. If this is correct I'm not sure you could call it inexpensive. Adam
Comment
  1. 2 weeks ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 2
Otto Acosta Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Like the saying goes..."you get what you pay for"...just saying...
To finish first, you first have to finish!
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 3
Glen Thomas Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Nope. Not gonna be nickel & dimed to death. If I could pay $200 and never have to spend another cent I would consider it.
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 4
John Williamson Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
For me, the things I would need in a sim, that is ready for a season are, a rather modern version of the car, the full list of tracks available we would need to be driving on, and the ability to fill a grid, if I do my job right.

I have never tried iRacing, so I don't know how the first two things stack up. I hope other fill me in on the cars and track availability. My big concern on the costs to the rest of you guys. I pay for a server to race on and a web site to provide info and chat about it all. I really appreciate the guys who contribute funds to help pay for this stuff. But, I have never required anyone pay to race. I do that because I think, and hope, that keeping it free will give me the best chance of a bigger grid. I would be concerned that the notable constant costs of iRacing would really limit the grid of drivers. Especially, the folks not at the front of the grid. If you're fighting for wins, week in and week out, the costs of iRacing may be worth it. If you're just trying to grab a few points and stay out of the way, the costs just add to your frustration and you may decide paying all the time to get your ass whipped is not much fun.

Do I wish that the rF2 community would get things updated faster, improvements added and new tracks put out a lot faster ? You BET ! I'm just not yet ready to ditch it, for the costs associated with iRacing.
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 5
Sean Higgins Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I tried Iracing I couldn't stand it! I will say that was when it first came out, and you could only race in certain races based on rank. So I had to try and race a bunch of F'n idiots to try and get my rank up to get in any races with good drivers. I was done with it after about 5 races. Cost does play a small factor for me.
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 6
Adam Freitas Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
(Like the saying goes..."you get what you pay for"...just saying... Otto)

LOL!! Is someone selling a used car?
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. SimRacingHub
  3. # 7
Benny Fascelli Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
What about assetto corsa? I just tried the new SF70h and it was awesome. Rfactor 2 is good a sim game but the mods are getting bad every year. I've seen people down shifting from 8th gear to 1st gear in less than one tenth of second. Absolutely unrealistic.
Comment
Sebastian Fortune Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I tried Iracing I couldn't stand it! I will say that was when it first came out, and you could only race in certain races based on rank. So I had to try and race a bunch of F'n idiots to try and get my rank up to get in any races with good drivers. I was done with it after about 5 races. Cost does play a small factor for me.

The open servers sucks, but this would be a league, so only the people that are part of the league will be able to race. I have done RF2, iracing, AC and PC. iracing is my preference, but even AC is better than what RF2 has to offer at the moment.

I get that it is free, and that if fine, but you are indeed getting what you are paying for. RF2 is no where near what iracing is. The tracks on iracing are Lazar scanned to within a few millimeters of the real thing. The tire modling and car physics are constantly being updated to reflect as close to the real thing as possible. The reason that you have to pay, is because they are constantly updating and releasing new contents. It is a SIM, and for that reason, they try to introduce more and more things to give us as close as possible to an authentic experience. None of us will ever drive an F1 car, but to know that I am as close as I can get is worth it to me.

You don't have to purchase the new contents, just what you want and leave the rest alone. The updates are free. The monthly fee is for maintaining the servers. Even RF2 is not free. The people running the league are paying to keep the servers up, to keep team speak going. Most of you show up and race thinking it is free, but someone is spending time and money keeping the league going. It was just a suggestion. I understand that not everyone can afford to pay and for that reason I wanted to put 1 thousand dollars of my own money in the pot simply because I want to race. We all have different priority and what we want to spend money on and I respect that.

I will keep my money in my pocket and keeping looking for a league that is on iracing or even AC with some kind of open wheel series. In the meantime, I will just race the GTE cars on iracing. Consider AC also, it is much better that what I have experienced in RF2 lately.
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.