1. SRH Management
  2. 2017 Season
  3. Monday, 13 March 2017
http://www.simracinghub.com/images/events/SRHF1/2017/01-Australia/SRHF1-2017-01-Australia-Preview.png

Please share your experience and findings on this thread.

In order to obtain the password for the race, please register on the following link:
http://www.simracinghub.com/leagues/srhf1/srhf1-2017-calendar/147-srhf1-2017-01-australian-grand-prix/registration

After registering, you should receive a confirmation email that includes the password for the race.

All results will be posted on the official event page:
http://www.simracinghub.com/leagues/srhf1/srhf1-2017-calendar/147-srhf1-2017-01-australian-grand-prix
Janos Magasrevy Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I was busy this weekend and couldn't get to do the update to the mod version 1.0.0 nor test the track.

I'll probably have the server up and running tomorrow night. We need to test the track configuration and adjust it so that it issues penalties for cutting, you know this layout has several spots where drivers abuse the track limits, I want the game to penalize that.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 1
John Williamson Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Janos,

I can check the track boundaries out in DEV screens in rF2, and post screen shots, if that would help.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
John, I tried just that last night and the game kept crashing when loading the track in dev mode :(

The track, however, has sleeping policeman placed strategically near the areas where drivers would abuse the track limits, so I don't think we should bother much with the gdb parameters :p
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Server up!!!
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 4
Deuce Michaels Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Wow Season opener a little over a week away , man that came fast!!!!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Janos,

I was just going to do a visual drive around and just note possible issues in the forum. If the track won't load up correctly, we'll just have to learn in practice !

John
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
I don't quite understand your post John, what does the track have to do with the forum?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
I would list the corners that were going to be too easy to get track cutting penalties , in the forum, to let people know. There have been some annoyed drivers who got multiple Stop and GO penalties for one off track issue, do to the odd placement of track boundaries, in the past. OK, the most annoyed was Josf, but he was born complaining to the doctor, I think.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Are you having issues with the current version of the track such as giving stop and go for going off-track?
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 9
Craig Hunter Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Just a thought about tire wear. I did a fuel estimate run last night, loading 20 laps in and running on softs. At racing speeds I was fronts yellow in 4 laps and pretty much burned out at 15. Front wear was up there but rears were also showing yellow by that time. These were with wing settings that were used at Turkey to conserve tire wear. I think that may have been before the latest update because, with the FIHS on Monday night, tire wear was worse with the same setup. I think it will be much worse with full tanks.

BTW, glad you picked up on Harley. He's a very creative cheat. Thanks for being on guard.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
I don't think we can compare performances between leagues unless we are both using the same rubber files. I mentioned to them that we are going to run with the default rubber file of 75-pct that comes with the track.

Tire wise, we did not change anything from 0.9.0 to 1.0.0 that affects the dry compounds, just the wet ones.

What you can do Craig is check the balance of your car so that you can get an even wear between front and rears, if one of them is wearing faster then you have a balance problem.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 11
David Carney Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I did 20 laps race fuel on softs and wasn't even red dots almost 50%
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
Until the upcoming race, I have run User Autosave for Real Road. That would change how the tire wear works, I am sure. Since you guys , here at SRH having been using another preset, tire wear, and probably lap times can't be compared. Historically, I suck at keeping front tires on the car. If using Preset .75 will help, I will like it, unless I lose 25% grip too. We'll find out pretty soon.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 13
Craig Hunter Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Great, my tire discipline is really dismal. Got to work like hell on this.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 14
Votes
Undo
I hear you Craig, but you always beat ME on the tire wear front !
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 15
Votes
Undo
Perhaps you need to check your steering wheel degrees and steering lock, if you are overturning the wheels then that would explain why you are wearing the tires so much Craig.
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 16
Votes
Undo

I take it that you are liking this mod Dave lol
Janos Magasrevy
SRH Founder and Director
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 17
David Carney Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Great, my tire discipline is really dismal. Got to work like hell on this.

I struggled like crazy last couple years to the point I was about to give up whether it was the mod (partly) or me (partly) I don't know but what I did was mess around with the steering sensitivity and lock and now it seems i can turn and manage the tires way more than before to the point where I am happy. not fastest but I don't see myself pitting 5 times a race anymore just once or twice.

I turned the sensitivity to 200% on the steering I use a lot of lock. that may have been a big part of my problem, I always complained last year that I could not turn and would lose a full second in a hairpin type corner. keep fiddling Craig.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 18
Votes
Undo
There are a few places that would be good to know more optimal settings.

Wheel used
Wheel windows control panel settings
Wheel settings in rF2 ( Steering wheel Range and Sensitivity )
Wheel settings in car setup
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 19
Glyn Cooper Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
DC this has been a big deal with me for years thats why i bowed out of sim racing. in my prime i remember being very quick and better than anyone else on tires and yet i heard everyone complain they couldnt look after the tires the tires suck we must do something etc etc and yet but then after some good years i started with the same issues and for whatever reason couldnt get a handle on it. since then on the odd occasion i would come back for the a race good drivers telling me i need to do this and or that and maybe they were right maybe i lost my way i have no idea. this season im hoping im a bit better and i stay the course. i must admit though i hardly touch setup these days but i do spend days messing with the control settings and sensitivity till it drives me nuts. probably to the point ill end up quitting down the road. hopefully this year wont be like that. i think if im still miles away this year ill probably hang this sim racing up for good sell my gear and buy a motorbike.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. 2017 Season
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.