In an effort to improve the quality of our grid for the upcoming 2017 SRHF1 season and to give equal opportunity to all new drivers that just joined us, we will break down the selection process into two phases:
On January 24th at 21:00 New York (right before the first test starts), the top 14 drivers in the ranking will join together in TeamSpeak to begin selection. The order goes as follows (based on the ranking final positions from 2016):
1) Argenis Riera (2016 Drivers Champion)
2) Ezequiel Montero
3) Otto Acosta
4) Leandro Schwaab
5) Richard Walcott
6) Richard Haynie
7) Johan Mola
8) Sean Higgins
9) Roberto Bianco
10) Jacobo Cardozo
11) Mat Harto
12) Edmundo Martinez
13) David Carney
14) Sam Steffy
- Each driver will pick a teammate of his preference as long as his selection is in the top 14. However, the picking driver can decide to not pick a teammate during Phase 1, if this is the case, he will have to pick a teammate from the top 8 drivers from the Winter Series Standings once Phase 2 of the team selection begins.
- Each driver must pick a team to secure a seat from the 22 available.
- If a driver from the top 14 can't make it to the TeamSpeak meeting, he must inform Janos Magasrevy of his choices (team and teammate) and two alternative ones with at least one hour prior to the start of the selection.
- Phase 1 will end once all drivers in the top 14 have a seat secured.
Once Phase 1 is completed, there will be 8 remaining seats to be taken (14+8=22).
This leads us to...
- There will be 4 events scheduled for Winter Testing. These tests will be on Tuesday nights at 21:30 New York (our usual time for Official Practices).
- The calendar for these events can be found here: http://www.simracinghub.com/leagues/srhf1/official-tests
- Everyone is welcome to race in these events.
- The first two events will follow the format of our Official Practices which consists in 90-minute practice and then a few 5 laps mini-races with formation lap.
- The third event (Magny-Cours) will feature a 12-minute Q1, then an 8-minute Q2 with the top 10 from Q1. Followed by a 5-minute warm-up and then a 35 lap Race. Qualifying and the start of the race will be done under wet conditions.
- The final event (Istanbul) will feature a 12-minute Q1, then an 8-minute Q2 with the top 10 from Q1. Followed by a 5-minute warm-up and then a 29 lap Race.
- Besides racing on Tuesdays, there will also be a short championship running on Thursdays at 21:30 New York (our usual time for Official Races).
- The calendar for these events can be found here: http://www.simracinghub.com/leagues/srhf1/winter-series
- The tracks will be the same ones selected for Winter Testing.
- Only the drivers that did not secure a seat during Phase 1 of team selection will be allowed to race this series.
- For the first 3 events, we will follow a format similar to Gp2: A long race and a sprint race with a reversed top 10 from the long race. Points will be given for Qualifying on Pole, and for the respective finishing position in the long race and the sprint race.
- The last event in the Winter Series (Istanbul) will feature our format for an Official Race, meaning that there will be a Q1 and a Q2, followed by a warm-up and then a single 56 lap race.
- The results will be tallied and published on a standings page after each event.
Starting on Friday, March 10th, 2017 and running until Thursday, March 16th, 2017 at 23:59 New York, we will continue the team selection on this thread.
- The first driver to start the selection in Phase 2 will be that who participated in Phase 1 but did not pick a teammate. He will be followed by any other driver from Phase 1 that did not pick a teammate. Only drivers from the top 8 of the Winter Series Final Standings will be allowed to be selected by those drivers who did not pick a teammate in Phase 1.
- Once all drivers from Phase 1 have a teammate, the picking priority moves to the winner of the Winter Series, followed by the runner-up, and so on and so forth until the top 8 from the Winter Series Standings have a team and teammate secured.
- Each driver will be given 24 hours to announce his teammate in this thread. If no announcement is made by the selecting driver, we will move to the next driver on the Winter Series standings table.
We recognize that there will be drivers left out without a team. Those drivers are always welcome to practice with us and be on-call should a regular driver miss a race. Which happens often.
We also encourage those drivers that did not get a seat to race in our partner league FiHSF1. As well as all others that wish to race more than once a week. They are a great league managed by excellent people.
Mark your calendars:
- Team and Teammate Selection Phase 1: January 24th at 21:00 New York
- Winter Testing and Winter Series: From January 24th until March 9th
- Team and Teammate Selection Phase 2: March 10th until 16th
P.S. If you haven't mentioned your name in the entry list here: http://www.simracinghub.com/forum/1655-2017-srhf1-league-entry-list we strongly suggest you do before the start of Phase 1, especially if you are in the top 14.